My name is Ana, I’m 17 and I live in Croatia. My dream has always been to be a super model on the runway. I’ve had this dream since I was very young. I’ve taken classes and I have a portfolio and I have gotten a few jobs. My problem is my skin. I often have acne flare-ups and blemishes that turn to dark spots. I also have dry patches on my skin which is very strange since I am prone to acne.
Often times I break out unexpectedly right before an assignment. This is very embarrassing. There have been times when I will not go to auditions because of these breakouts. I’m finding out that living the life of a model can be very stressful. What can I do to have better skin so I can get more jobs?
Thank you so much for your question. I totally understand your frustration. As a fitness professional, I too model, and train other models for their assignments. I’m always in front of a camera which has always been my friend. Most of my life I’ve had skin issues. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on skincare treatments to get rid of uneven skin tone, dark spots, acne, your name it. I’ve always believed in natural remedies and through research I learned the importance of certain vitamins when it comes to having great skin. For example, getting enough vitamin A benefits your skin in so many ways. I’d like to share with you all the vitamin A benefits you get when you include this vitamin in your skincare regime and the top 10 tips super models do to get and keep flawless skin so you won't have this problem ever again!
What Is Vitamin A?
Vitamin A is the name of a group of fat-soluble retinoids, including retinol, retinal, and retinyl esters, and is a yellow compound found in green and yellow vegetables, egg yolk, and fish-liver oil. It is essential for your skin, eyes, and immune system.
The Benefits of Vitamin A
- Normalizes blood flow – taking nutrients and oxygen to the cells.
- Helps to reduce the symptoms of rosacea
- Increases the rate of wound healing – treats acne scarring
- Exfoliates – making skin smooth and even-toned
- Repairs the cellular structure of the epidermis – optimizing your UV protection
- Decreases clustering of melanin granules – so reducing brown spots or pigmentation
- Decreases sebum production and thus treats acne brilliantly
- Promotes a healthy cellular membrane – improving hydration
- Helps in the eradication of pre-cancerous skin lesions
- Improves hydration both in and around the cell by doing all of the above – decreasing wrinkles!
Do YOU Have A Vitamin A Deficiency?
Deficiency of vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin, causes dry, scaly skin, acne and psoriasis. A lack of vitamin A in your body sometimes happens because of a lack of sufficient amounts of vitamin A in your diet. Over time, a lack of vitamin A means that you may develop problems with vision and be less able to fight infections. Eating vitamin A-rich foods like liver, beef, chicken, eggs, fortified milk, carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes and leafy green vegetables will help increase your vitamin A levels. If you don’t like these types of foods, then taking a vitamin A supplement is necessary.
When it comes to being a super model, many of them know the POWER OF VITAMIN A and have certain skincare habits we all can learn from. Here are just a few tips from some of the top super models and how they get super flawless skin.
10 Super Model Tips For Flawless Skin
The Dump The Junk
Super models don't live on junk food. Sure, they love pizza, pasta, and chocolate like everyone else, but they don't make these foods the foundation of their nutrition. They eat plenty of green leafy veggies daily and take a Vitamin A supplement if they don't like dairy or the animal protein sources that are loaded with Vitamin A.
Super Models Have A Definite Skin Care Routine
Ask any model what they do to have beautiful skin and they will tell you that they have a daily skincare ritual that they are practically religious about. Their rituals vary based on individuality, but in general they all cleanse their skin with a high quality facial cleanser, not soap. They follow up with a toner, and lastly, skin firming moisturizer. Once or twice weekly, they threat their skin to a mask in order to detox, tone, smooth, and nourish their skin.
They Use Night Creams and Serums
Super models have to wear tons of makeup which can cause skin irritation, drying, flaking, and clogged pores. After cleansing the skin and using a moisturizer, adding a night cream helps to rejuvenate the skin, help the skin produce skin renewing collagen and helps to provide moisture during the hours of sleep. Serums deposit nutrients into the skin to help reduce signs of premature aging.
Never Sleep in Makeup
Models swear by this nightly rule! Sleeping in makeup means you didn’t cleanse your face and can result in bacteria causing agents that will promote acne, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dark spots and can block the skin from renewing itself.
They Are Very Picky About Moisturizers
If you ask a any super model if she uses a moisturizer and she or he will say, “Heck Yeah!” And will give you the name of at least 3 moisturizers they use all the time. Moisturizers rich with organic fruit extracts skin tightening vitamins and ingredients like hyaluronic and glycolic acids which help to tighten skin and make it soft and smooth.
They Get Professional Skincare Treatments
Depending on skin type, many models get professional skincare treatments like various types of laser, vitamin IVs, head-to-toe facials, instant skin tightening, ultrasonic skin plumping, and other treatments to lighten and tighten their skin. They look at it as an investment worth their time, effort, and money.
Love A Makeup Free Face
If you notice, most models are beautiful without makeup. It’s. Not so much their facial features that produces head-turning reactions, it’s the quality of their skin. It’s generally flawless, firm, even in color and tone, soft, healthy and radiant. Its a result of healthy eating and a definite skincare routine as mentioned above. They love not wearing anything other than skincare basics since they have to wear so much makeup for photoshoots.
Drink lots of water
Water is the fountain of youth and not getting enough will show up on your face big time, that’s why they always have a water bottle at hand at all times. Drinking lots of water (about 64 ounces at least) helps to detox the skin and body of pollutants from foods and the environment. It helps to plump up skin cells, creates a natural glow in the skin, and helps to tighten pores.
They Get Plenty of Sleep
Sleep is an anti-aging elixir. Getting at least 8 hours of sleep nightly helps the body to repair, rejuvenate, and restore. Your body creates new skin cells and it can do it if you don’t rest.
They LOVE Organic Skin Care
Organic skincare is the only skincare ,that most often, uses substances like essential oils and extracts found in nature that help the skin to look and feel its best without harmful chemicals. Plants have antioxidants that help to heal and reverse the free radical impact on the skin.
INCREASE VITAMIN A INTAKE THROUGH ORGANIC COSMETICS
Studies have shown that using skincare products with certain vitamins like Vitamin A can benefit your body just as much as by eating vitamin A rich foods.
Vitamin A in skincare is termed, Retinol. Retinol in skin care products works by normalizing skin functions which equals a correction of all skin conditions. It is a very exciting ingredient to add to your skin regime. It was conclusively proven in 1996 that Vitamin A as a topical skin ingredient is capable of reprogramming cellular function – WOW! This is why we all should be using it, not only to help us age more gracefully and have clear skin, but, more importantly so our skin is healthier as we age.
VICTORIA'S SKIN TIGHT NATURALS MODEL SERIES
After doing a lot of research on skincare products, I created a line dedicated to models and anyone who wants to have skin like a model, but without the heft price tag. One of my favorite products in the Model Series is this one….
Helps restore and renew firmness, elasticity, and thickness to the skin.
Victoria’s Best Retinol Firm & Lift is powerful cocktail of antioxidants that may help diminish fine lines and wrinkles. This formulation may help restore and renew firmness, elasticity, and thickness to the skin. Retinol is a form of vitamin A that speeds up cell turnover, sweeps away the dead cells that cause dullness, and boosts collagen and elastin by stimulating cellular repair at the deepest level of the skin. The result is a smoother-looking complexion.
Retinol also pumps up circulation by increasing blood-vessel formation, so skin looks healthier. Hyaluronic acid draws moisture from the environment to the skin for a superb plumping, smoothing and amazing moisturizing effect.
This highly effective Retinol treatment is a superior anti-aging, anti-acne and skin refining formula. It is a Vitamin A booster and the longer you use it, the better your skin appears. It is perfect for all skin types and skin tones. It is a tremendous anti-inflammatory and provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage.
Amazing Benefits of Retinol - According to WebMD
- Help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Boost skin elasticity
- Improve skin collagen
- Slow collagen breakdown helps anti-aging
- Lightens brown spots
- Evens skin tone
High-grade most effective ingredients.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Olive Oil
- Shea Butter
- Rose Water
- Jojoba Oil
Suggested Use: Liberally apply to clean, gently dried skin every evening. Make sure your skin is completely dry before applying.
- BEST SELLING AND BEST PERFORMING SKIN TIGHTENING & FIRMING FORMULA SUPERIOR SKIN TREATMENT• Gym workout for your skin. Tone and Firm, smoothes wrinkles, fine lines and evens skin tone. Camera models preferred choice for a flawless palette. Complete formula with Clinical Strength Retinol + Pure Hyaluronic Acid + Natural Vegan Olive Oil + Antioxidant Rose Water and Mega Hydrating Essential Oils. It’s perfect for improving skin tone of under eye sensitive skin too.
- PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL STRENGTH RETINOL • Our formula contains high concentration and the power of Vitamin A for firming, rejuvenating, refining and natural essential oils for hydrating and restoring your precious skin. Retinol helps repair skin damage and reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles. It firms loose skin, smoothes overall texture and restores youthful glow and dewiness.
- SUPER VALUE & DOUBLE THE SIZE • A full 50 ml of pure sexy skin transforming cream. There's nothing worse than buying a product and you just start seeing results only to run out! Not now, you get this big bottle with a vacuum airless pump so you can use every drop. A bottle this size, of the same formula at one of my former dermatologists would costs my models and me $129.00!
- HIGH GRADE SUPER SKIN TREATMENT WITH HYALURONIC ACID • YES! Both high-grade skin enhancing elements for your skin in one formulation with essential moisturizers to help you look amazing. Our total face saving and smooth making anti-wrinkle, anti-aging cream will be working on your face every time you put it on. Even under your make up it will be plumping your skin overtime!
- ALL SKIN TONES & SENSITIVE SKIN • Great for all skin tones. Repairs uneven skin, sun damage and removes sun and brown spots. YES! Reduces wrinkles, fine lines. You will witness your skin become smooth, firm and glow like you were under the lights on the runway. Works while you are sleeping. Imagine waking up to waking up with a firmer version of your face! Order your first bottle today. We have a 100% money back guarantee.
Are you ready for a total Super Model Healthy Sexy Skin Transformation? You can start right here!
Check out my other Model Series Exclusive Skincare solutions right here!